Yeah, we know. Everyone has a blog, right? There are millions of them, covering every subject from Art to Zoology. Many of them are nothing more than a personal diary. Many bloggers have terrible writing skills and many don’t maintain the blog properly. And because of this, many of these blogs aren’t visited much.
But don’t let those things scare your company away from adding a blog to its internet marketing strategy (you do have a strategy, don’t you?). As an agency that provides website development and interactive marketing services, Ei has created dozens of blogs for our clients. But we never do it without an explanation of what a blog can (or cannot) do for a company. Here’s a simple Top 10 list we put together.
Top 10 Reasons to Start a Blog for your Business:
- New Business and Potential Partners
- Quick Publishing Tool
- Affordable Publishing Tool
- Show potential customers you are a Subject Matter Expert
- Show existing customers you are a Subject Matter Expert
- Website Stickiness & Return Visits
- Potential for Conversations with Customers
- Vendor Relations
- Search Engine Visibility
- Company Participation
So, exactly how does a company employ the use of a blog? What risks are there to creating one? Read our thoughts on that very topic in upcoming entries.